Reference Guide: 2.2 Audio Setup
- Audio Notetaker will now record into the Opus format, see Opus Encoding for more information.
- You can set the recording level manually through your Mac's System Preferences.
- Some digital recorders (e.g. the Olympus DM-670 and DM-450) have a menu setting that allows you to use them as a microphone when connected to your PC. You will need to find the "USB" menu setting and select "USB Composite Device". On the DM670 - Press the menu button, scroll down and select Device Menu → USB Settings → USB Class → Composite.
- If your recording device also has playback ability (speaker or headphone jack) then you may need to change your default playback device when you listen back to your recordings.
- You can control the amount of disk space used per hour of audio in App Menu → System → Settings → Recording Quality.
- Audio Notetaker will disable Mac OS Ambient Noise Reduction by default while recording, as it may interfere with Sonocent Clear Lecture™ processing. This setting is compatible with Yosemite and later. If your recordings have a watery sound, check that the setting isn't unticked in App Menu → System → Settings → Audio.